I usually focus more on organic and character modeling, but when I got the opportunity, I couldn't pass the chance to work on this iconic spaceship!
This beast has been a massive team effort. Three modelers splitting and extruding for about 6 months, supervised by Tosh Elliot.
Towards the end of the production, I also had the chance to go back to my comfort zone on a few aliens, all supervised by Marco Menco.
- Modeling/UVs on the neck and many other parts and details of the spaceship.
- Each panel has been modeled one by one for destruction! I had to go back to nurbs and find a good workflow in order to achieve this slick surface with hundreds of separated panels.
- Build variations from the main model.
- Zbrush concept and details on the head's variations and all the masks.
- Modeling/UVs/Zbrush sculpt and detailing.
- Lidar was made with head's fingers closed, so had to rework the head entirely.